Wednesday, June 30, 2010

kissing tales

The conversation that I thought for sure I wouldnt have to have with my 5 year old for atleast 5 or more years is upon me. It happened today, in the backseat of the car while he was talking with 2 of his friends after leaving the pool today.

Preston-Hey 5 year old boy (the names have been omitted to protect their innocence and I wasnt sure there mom would want it out there) did you know that the girl that you were playing with at the pool is my girlfriend.

5 year old boy-Oh yeah well cant we share her so she has 2 boyfriends.

Preston-No she just wants one

5 year old boy-Well have you kissed her yet Preston?

at this moment my heart skipped a beat, kissing, at 5 there is no kissing, ok back to conversation.

Preston-(in a disgusted voice) No I only kiss my mom

5 year old boy-Well unless you kiss her then she really isnt your girlfriend and if I kiss her first then she is my girlfriend.

Preston-Nu uh I see her more so I will kiss her first.

4 year old boy chimes in at this time with a -I have already kissed a girl on the lips so I already have a girlfriend before both of you.

Tonight I will be having the kissing conversation with my son and let him know that its no ok to kiss a girl at this age and Im pretty sure her mother would agree. (Right Melissa).

Wow...kissing conversations. Im feeling a little sick to my stomach, If I could I would push him right back into my womb only Im pretty sure he wouldnt fit but I would only have to hold him in for a while till atleast puberty or till he is 18 or maybe longer.

No comments: