Sunday, June 13, 2010

Relay for life 2010

Relay is over and I have very sore legs and feet to prove it. This years Relay for Life meant so much to me and hit so close to home. It was my favorite years yet being involved with the relay and it was so much fun to do it with all of my friends. This year I pulled double duty being on the American Cancer Society Committee, being over the Registration tent and belonging to a team. After working at Relay for 9 hours on Friday and sitting down maybe 5 minutes and then walking on Saturday morning from 6am-10, leaving from 10-11 to see Preston playing Tball and then going back from 11-12 to start walking again my legs, feet and entire body hurt and it was worth every minute of it. I made the banner this year for our team and was in charge of tent decoration and Im proud to say that we won best banner and best tent!!! Wohooo! Our team raised close to $5,000. Im glad this relay is over and Im looking forward to next years. Ideas are already swirling around in my head. I still have on my relay for life rubber bracelet and havent taken it off since Friday because I want to remind myself each time I think about how sore I am the reason why I did this. ....for dad, for Uncle Sammy, for Grandmur and for Pappy!


Here is a picture of our team banner, on each butterfly are names of those in memory of so one of the butterflies says June Pyle and one for Charles Weber. Also is a picture of me with some of my friends at Relay. I will post more pics as I get them.

No comments: